Tim McCready works in international business development, capital raising, media, and government – with a particular passion for taking New Zealand’s innovation global. He has some great travel stories.
Current roles include:
- Senior consultant at BioPacific Partners, working with multinational corporates, government and innovators on regional projects, strategy, and investment & acquisition activity in New Zealand and Australia.
- Business writer and commentator for the New Zealand Herald‘s special business reports (articles below), with a focus on trade, investment, Asia and the United States.
- MC for business events including the annual high-profile China Business Summit and Deloitte Top 200 Awards.
- Lead judge for the Westpac Auckland Business Awards (innovation & strategy categories).
- Independent assessor for the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment‘s Endeavour Fund, and on the expert review panel for Callaghan Innovation.
Tim previously worked for New Zealand Trade & Enterprise (NZTE), the New Zealand Government’s international business development agency. While there, Tim helped New Zealand businesses enter new markets and expand international revenue, and most recently as Regional Investment Manager in London, where he led Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) investment activities. He was also former chair of the Asia New Zealand Foundation’s Leadership Network Advisory Board.
Tim has a Bachelor of Science and a Master in Bioscience Enterprise (Hons.) from the University of Auckland.