Tim McCready works in international business development, capital raising, media, and government – with a particular passion for taking New Zealand’s innovation global. He has some great travel stories.
- Senior consultant at BioPacific Partners, working with multinational corporates, government and innovators on regional projects, strategy, and investment & acquisition activity in New Zealand and Australia.
- Business writer and commentator for the New Zealand Herald‘s special business reports (articles below), with a focus on trade, investment, Asia and the United States.
- MC for business events including the annual high-profile China Business Summit, Deloitte Top 200 Awards, Mood of the Boardroom and Project Auckland.
- Lead judge for the Westpac Auckland Business Awards (Innovation & Strategy).
- Independent assessor for the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment‘s Endeavour Fund, and on the expert review panel for Callaghan Innovation.
- Capital raising workshop facilitator for Callaghan Innovation’s HealthTech Activator programme, tailored for the specific challenges faced by HealthTech companies.
Tim previously worked for New Zealand Trade & Enterprise (NZTE), the New Zealand Government’s international business development agency. While there, Tim helped New Zealand businesses enter new markets and expand international revenue, and most recently as Regional Investment Manager in London, where he led Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) investment activities. He was also chair of the Asia New Zealand Foundation’s Leadership Network Advisory Board.
Tim has a Master in Bioscience Enterprise (Hons.), a Bachelor of Science from the University of Auckland, and completed Te Kākano Māori language course at AUT University (pass with distinction).